Saturday, May 26, 2007

~ Northern Minnesota May ~

It is just dreary today and a bit on the chilly side, yeah, just a bit! I looked out my window to see my fairly young lilac bush with its first full flower blooms, (we only planted it a couple of years ago) and I couldn't smell the delightful lilac fragrance. It made me sad that it is so cold that the fragrance won't emanate from these lavender lovelies. But as I reflected upon that reality this flowed from me:

The flowers of Spring
that we have waited for so long.
As winter decides on one last fling
A last attempt, then to be gone.

Beloved lilac and the flowering fruits,
Shiver while longing to release their fragrance.
Tender new leaves, buds and shoots
As the cold north wind blows, they dance.

A prelude to the promise of all things new
they anxiously await the warm summer season.
Then it's here, the longed for months but few!
It won't be long, too quickly fall will beckon.

I know God is well aware of the seasons we go through and possibly we are sometimes a bit premature. If we aren't ready to advance we must wait patiently for the right timing, God's timing and then, what will emanate from us is the fragrance of Christ. A fragrance like the smell of fresh baked bread or fresh brewed coffee. It beckons us to come in, out of the cold and the darkness into the warmth and light where the darkness is dispelled and left behind.

Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they might see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." 

No comments: