Friday, July 27, 2007

Undignified Worshipper

From Matt Redman's book "The Unquenchable Worshipper - Coming Back to the Heart of Worship" (published by Regal Books Copywrite @2001 Matt Redman)

This afternoon I played Matt Redman's song "Undignified." It is a captivating song that gets right to the heart of King David who danced with all his might upon bringing the ark finally back to Jerusalem. It was a public display of a heart passionate to serve God and it disturbed his wife Michal so much that their relationship was never the same, she came to despise David for his unruly public display of worship.
In the book Matt says:
"One of the Hebrew words for praise, hallal, means to be clamorously foolish or mad before the Lord. (That's where we get our word "hallelujah.") In a "reasons to be passionate" competition, the church of God should come an easy first; yet too often we find ourselves lagging way behind in this area. Isn't it time we saw a bit more holy mayhem in our worship?"
I am in agreement with Matt's opinion that we don't give all the honor and praise due our King. Let us rave and rant at sporting events and our kids games, but solemn we must stay before our glorious King? Heaven's no, let me be a fool for Christ's sake and let my praise simply magnify my adoration for all He is and has done!

Lord, my desire is to give you everything I have when it comes to my expression of worship and praising You. Let my praise be a delight to Your ears as I worship You with all my might!

No comments: