Wednesday, July 14, 2010

No Excuses!

"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with that temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13


This is a Scripture that should be on the top list for memorization (at least in my opinion!) How many times can we slip into that 'devil made me do it' mode? I think it becomes an out to basically do what we want to do but the truth is contrary to this mindset! Every temptation (not just some) that comes our way has an opportunity to prove God's faithfulness in His word to us. Every temptation has an escape route so that we won't be trapped. And, if it begins to feel unbearable, God's word also tells us that we are able to endure that temptation until it passes!

So friends, no excuses, Kimberly Dawn, no excuses! Today I choose to not give in when I am feeling pressed by temptation, but will surrender my fleshly desires to the Lord and escape before harm can come to me or another that I might have an effect upon. No cranky responses, gossipy tongue, judgmental thinking, it has to go! Because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me--and you too!

2 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Hi Kimberly,
Thanks for the music you play! Your post "No Excuses" reminds me of Romans 7 :14-20. About how we do the things we don't want to do, but
it is not us that does it, but the sin nature in us. Only through Christ can we overcome that sin nature. It is a day by day struggle to give it up, but thanks be to God, we have a helper!
Blessings,
Amanda

Kimberly Dawn Nyborg said...

Thanks for the encouragement Amanda! You are wise for your years and how wonderful to be a stay at home mom in these days, the Lord will reward you for putting your children first!

Paul, like David reminds me that even the 'spiritual giants' struggled. Doesn't make it better just not alone. So glad for my Father's mercy which is new each day:0)