Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stayed on Him!

Obsessed, messmerized, well not quite, but here is how the NAS says it,
"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You."
And the Message says:
People with their minds set on you, you keep completely whole, Steady on their feet, because they keep at it and don't quit.
But my favorite translation is from good old NKJ:
" You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You."
This verse has been resonating in my mind over the past few days as I have succumed to some unhealthy thoughts that the enemy of my soul was using to pull me down.  I really believe when there is a breakthrough on its way that the schemer and prince of the power of the air can really knaw and nip at our heals to render us as ineffective for the King and His kingdom as he can.  He is such a liar (actually the father of lies!)

So when Isaiah 26:3 started coming to my mind I took that as a gift from the Lord to be my tool for this onslaught to defeat ol' satan.  Fixed, stayed, camping on, steadfast, set on and stayed are powerful words which help me understand the importance of being locked on to the truth especially when we are tempted to think contrary to God's Word.  I think of a missile system that locks on to a target whether a bomb or ship or whatever maybe in motion to cause destruction by the 'enemy' as a perfect description of being stayed.  It will not deter from the target once it is 'locked' on to it or has it in its sights.

When the enemy who is very busy prowling around like a lion seeking whom he can devour sets out to attack my mind and thoughts, I have to know where to go to get my missile, that is in the Word.  I had to take the truth of this verse in Isaiah and use it to defeat the lies of the enemy.  Another verse that keeps me from shrinking back from the enemy's hits is from Philippians 4:6,7 "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made know to , then the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."  Our Tuesday prayer group has made a point to memorize these verses and wow, it is amazing how many times I need to pull that one out and use it whether for myself or others.  If I am anxious about anything, I am walking in fear and not in faith!

So the Word which is alive! sharper than any two-edged sword is applied to the lie the enemy tries to make me believe, I can use it as a tool to get my peace back!  I am stayed, on the truth!  That is what helps me to defeat hiim and then continue on the pathway of victorious living, giving God all the glory for each battle that He helps me win.  Yes, then I can truthfully say that it is because I trust in Him!

Lord, so many come under the condemnation of the enemy of our soul, help us to lock on to the Truth and know who we are in You so that Your plan and purpose for our lives doesn't get thwarted and we become a casualty.  I will trust in You knowing that You bring the Truth I need just when I need it, in Jesus name!

2 comments:

Laural Ann said...

Yes, Kimberly Dawn, after the retreat in Bemidji, I also felt that Satan was attacking. Here I wanted to take what I'd learned and apply it in a deeper way to my life, and so many things went wrong that I felt it was an attack of Satan. Thank you for reminding me of those verses. Actually the verses from Phillipians I had already found to be so so true. I started reading Dee's book "Falling in Love With Jesus" and felt kind of discouraged where I was at. So yes I do identify with you and thanks for the encouragement!

Kimberly Dawn Nyborg said...

Wow, Laural Ann, I am not alone and this and I think we can pray for one another to render you know who ineffective in Jesus name!

Blessings to you!